Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Salute Credit Card success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Salute Credit Card success

I have finally won the battle. I am trying to qualify for a home and I had a Salute account opened up in 2006, needless to say I have had several lates over the years, even a few 120 days.............after everyone's advice and support, I have finally won my battle with GW letters. I orginally only asked for the past 6 months of history to be forgiven because I had been making payments for the past 8 months. Salute actually removed every single late, and even noted the account as consumer closed instead of the orginal closed by credit grantor. It just goes to show GW letters are time consuming but they are so well worth it in the end. It took me about 4 months of sending out the same letter every single week. I cannot wait to pull my credit to see how much this has improved my score.

Thanks to everyone and good luckSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Salute Credit Card success

I too had an account with Saulte, and just stumbled across this post. Did you use the GW templates from here on the forum, or come up with your own? Also, if you could PM me the contact info for where you sent the letters, that would be super helpful! TIA

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.