Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success! Collection Company of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success! Collection Company of America

I wrote a short simple GW letter to Collection Company of America for a paid $165. med collection (bc I didn't follow whychat's process correctly) and IT WORKED!

Well, as far as EQ was concerned, it was removed. Got the updated myfico score today. I haven't gotten the hard confirmation letter yet.

Not sure when EX will update it.

I basically asked it to be removed because we were wanting to buy a house.  Seriously no more than 5 lines.

Which means we can move forward!

scared my husband half to death when I called him on the phone crying because I was so happy when I saw the score!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success! Collection Company of America

What address did you send the GW letter to? I've sent them a couple of letters already the past few months, with no response...
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIP HIP HOORAY!
Message 3 of 19
newstart2010
Blogger

GOOD FOR YOU!!! 
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a paid collection with them also but mine was paid to at&t instead of them, but they are listed as the CA on my reports with a zero balance. Can you give me their address as well. Im going to try the goodwill letter too.

thanks

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061-1796

now granted I didn't get a response either, at least not yet. but it disappeared from my EQ.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sent 4 or 5 letters since October.. No response and it's still on all three CBs..

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!!!

introvert, stay with it!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was doubtful too, considering the # of letters I had sent to the credit card companies.  Silly me never once thought to GW the collection account. Especially since it had been paid months ago.  I never got the ScoreWatch alert, but maybe that's bc I kept pulling them myself every week praying for a change. LOL

Now if only I can get Chase, HSBC, Target and CapOne to gw the lates...

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill try shortening my GW letter. It's pretty long. Maybe they just see almost a page and throw it away without reading.

by the way, congrats. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.