Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success! Collection Company of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success! Collection Company of America

This is what I wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam; This letter is in reference to xxxxxxx, which is the only number I have from the credit bureau. This original amount owed was paid directly to Spinal Imaging. I am writing to see if you would please make a goodwill adjustment by removing this account and notifying all three credit reporting agencies that this account is no longer in existence. This account is hindering me from buying my first home and I would love it if you would please consider the removal of this account.    

thanks and Good Luck!

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same situation with EOS CCA.....paid AT&T because it was something that slipped through the cracks when I got married and moved and I still have 2 open accounts with AT&T.  I made a separate payment to EOS CCA for $48 for their "collection fee" they tacked on to the balance and included it in with a goodwill letter begging for them to delete.  I followed up with a phone call and was told the account was closed and returned to AT&T.  I asked if there was any way to have the item deleted as it is keeping me from being able to obtain car financing, mortgage, etc.  No, we can't do that.  Did you have any luck getting this item removed?  I was wondering if I wait a couple of months and dispute with the CRAs if they won't verify and let them fall off since in their words the account was closed and returned to AT&T.  Just wondering what, if anything worked for you in this instance.......thanks! 

Message 12 of 19
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

See with EOSCCA, contact the person i sent you, i paid the OC rather then EOSCCA, and EOSCCA closed it out immediately. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made the mistake of paying EOS CCA as soon as I saw it pop up on my CR. I've been writing/sending requests for years to no avail. I gave up about 6 months ago. It's another 4 years until it's removed. This is the only bad item on my CR at this point. No idea what to do next.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update -- within 2 hours of sending GW letter, I received a response from EOS CCA stating they have closed the account and that it will be deleted from all three of my credit reports.   So thankful I found this site!!! 

Message 15 of 19
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Congratz~ you rock!!!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 16 of 19
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick update -- within 2 hours of sending GW letter, I received a response from EOS CCA stating they have closed the account and that it will be deleted from all three of my credit reports.   So thankful I found this site!!! 

Told ya the email addys Ben and I had worked Smiley Wink

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 17 of 19
DCole3g
New Contributor

Can you please pm me the email address for eos cca?

Message 18 of 19
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@DCole3g wrote:

Can you please pm me the email address for eos cca?

I have PMed you the information

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.