Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success :-D

tag
brighterday
Contributor

GW Success :-D

I have an paid/closed account with Macy's that's reporting 3 lates in late 2002.  I called yesterday to request a goodwill adjustment and was told it was not possible.  I then faxed and emailed a goodwill letter to them.  I received an email earlier today stating that they will honor my request to update the credit agencies as a courtesy.  I was told to expect a letter of confirmation within 10 business days and to allow 60 days for the 3 major credit bureaus to have the info updated.

I'm not sure if this will impact my score any because of the age but I'm still delighted to know that I'll have one less negative item being reported.  This has also provided the much needed motiviation to tackle a few more tradelines.

Thanks to everyone for all of your contributions to the forum. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Success :-D

Congrats!  I actually emailed Macy's this morning as well, although mine is for a paid chargeoff so I think it's highly unlikely to get that gw'd.
Message 2 of 7
brighterday
Contributor

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  I just took a look at my CR and my account is actually a paid charge off.
Message 3 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Interesting.  That certainly give me a little bit of hope!  I tried GW'ing them earlier this year (February) but didn't make any progress.  I think my letter is better this time around though Smiley Happy

When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that a $120 paid chargeoff from a few years ago can be the difference between getting a mortgage or having to rent! 

Message 4 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody have a valid email address for Macy's?  I tried sending a GW letter via email, but the email was rejected as undeliverable.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the fax number and email you used to send Macy's the GW? Thanks!
Message Edited by kpaul212 on 01-18-2009 02:09 PM
Message 6 of 7
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Please reply back later whether or not your score improved after the lates were removed. I have 3-5 lates that are reported with all CRAs from an auto loan that I missed back in 2003-2004. I've GWed my CU several times but they keep refusing. I'd love to know what kind of a difference it would make with my score to know if it's worth it or not to keep sending them letters.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.