Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success! (I think)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success! (I think)

Sent out six GW letters last week to collections agencies and original creditors, keeping my expectations low that nothing would come of it.

I checked my Equifax CR yesterday in Credit Karma and two old collections Cach, LLC. are gone.

Knowing CK was acting a bit wonky due to redesign, I pulled my Equifax CR from AnnualCreditReport.com and sure enough, the two Cach, LLC collections are gone (but were there last year).

Feels good! Now I just have to wait for some totally unrelated alert in myFICO to trigger a score update to see the side effects. They were old, so I'm not expecting much, but taking a few pounds off my CRs sure does feel good. Derogatories start falling off in July 2016 and fall like dominoes until summer 2018.... which feels like SUCH a long time from now.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Success! (I think)

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent out six GW letters last week to collections agencies and original creditors, keeping my expectations low that nothing would come of it.

I checked my Equifax CR yesterday in Credit Karma and two old collections Cach, LLC. are gone.

Knowing CK was acting a bit wonky due to redesign, I pulled my Equifax CR from AnnualCreditReport.com and sure enough, the two Cach, LLC collections are gone (but were there last year).

Feels good! Now I just have to wait for some totally unrelated alert in myFICO to trigger a score update to see the side effects. They were old, so I'm not expecting much, but taking a few pounds off my CRs sure does feel good. Derogatories start falling off in July 2016 and fall like dominoes until summer 2018.... which feels like SUCH a long time from now.

Grats on the removal, you may or may not see any bump in Fico as you still have derogs on file, The biggest bump comes when the final derog is dropped. Start asking TU for early exclusion 6 months from the sched drop date and 3 months on the other 2 CRAs.

Message 2 of 10
shoo
Frequent Contributor

That's Awesome! Congrats and keep going! I also got some "I think" GW luck today lol...I think.

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume that the debts were all paid prior to your GWs...........

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK just updated my TU report and they're gone! As are all the lates from my BofA and CitiCards CCs!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+18 point gain on TU. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CK just updated my TU report and they're gone! As are all the lates from my BofA and CitiCards CCs!

Can you PLEASE PM me the contact info for Citi and Bofa PLEASE??? I need to GW them. I did but not sure if I had the right contact. Thanks 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done!

Message 9 of 10
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Done!

Thanks 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.