Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success????? University of Phoenix

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success????? University of Phoenix

I got a letter from University of Phoenix, saying "After recieveing your letter and reviewing your account, we have decided to submit an electronic correction to the reporting credit agencies for a "bulls-eye" or removal of the balance with all reporting agencies. This will remove the derogatory from your credit report". So does this mean they are removing this tradeline?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success????? University of Phoenix

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a letter from University of Phoenix, saying "After recieveing your letter and reviewing your account, we have decided to submit an electronic correction to the reporting credit agencies for a "bulls-eye" or removal of the balance with all reporting agencies. This will remove the derogatory from your credit report". So does this mean they are removing this tradeline?

Is university of phoenix a legit school? Slightly curious

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I feel like a fool even trying to go through them...i just checked my credit report and I do not see it anymore on my three reports! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest I feel like a fool even trying to go through them...i just checked my credit report and I do not see it anymore on my three reports! 

That's great!

Are they like a diploma mill or something?

Message 4 of 9
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is university of phoenix a legit school? Slightly curious

It's NOT.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I see that they removed the tradeline Smiley Happy and that school sucks

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trade line?
Message 7 of 9
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

U of Phoenix is one of the largest for-profit universities and facing an FTC investigation as well as lawsuits (at least one class action). Congrats OP on the deletion.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A strict reading would be that they have only stated that they are removing a balance due.

How this will "remove the derogatory from your report" is unclear.

What derogs were reported under the account?

Unless your "letter" was also a direct dispute, then their response is to a legal finding, and only time will tell what the entire intention might be.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.