cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success story?

tag
jazzy377

GW Success story?

This a copy of GW letter as well as a response from Old Navy. I can't tell if this is good or not. Will them reviewing the information from my account have a negative affect on my account or is this a success story in the making?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Old Navy Card account, and the opportunity to be of service to you.
It has been our pleasure to assist you on your recent email inquiry.  Please feel free to contact us in the future should you have any additional questions.
We are sad to hear about the loss and may your memories bring you comfort.
We have received and recorded your request to investigate the information that is being reported to the Credit Bureaus by GE Capital Retail Bank.  Please be aware that our review and resolution process may take up to 20 days.  As soon as we complete our research, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that the correct information is updated to the Credit Bureaus (if an error has occurred) or mail you a letter that will explain the results of our review.

We appreciate you as a valued Old Navy Card customer. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center.

Sincerely, 

K.Anuradha
Customer Service

Account is owned by GE Capital Retail Bank - Member FDIC

To Whom It May Concern,
My purpose for writing this letter today is twofold; one is to thank Old Navy for the excellent service you have provided me as well as the stylish attire and the second is a humble request to have my account information amended with regards to two late payments occurring in November and December of last year. 
I'm a 21 college student who at one time had a credit score of 736, something I was proud of and worked hard to raise. Unfortunately in August of 2012, I had a close friend commit suicide and another die of leukemia a few months later in November. For months I was in a state of depression. I ended up dropping out of school, losing my job, and making a slew of bad financial decisions, including missing my payments. However since that time, I've gotten my priorities in line once again. I've reenrolled in school, found steady employment, and paid my debt in full. I am asking for a goodwill adjustment from you. I want to do all I can to fix the damage my apathy and bad decisions have done this past year. On top of that I'm trying to take out student loans to finish my last year of college, and it'€™s harder with my credit as it is now. I pray you are willing to give my request consideration. I understand that the position I am in is my own fault, but it would mean so much to receive your help. Whatever your decision, I thank you sincerely for the time to read this and have a blessed day.
Sincerely,
ME
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.