Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success with Synchrony!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success with Synchrony!!

Hello everyone! I just had to let you all know that I just had a GW success with Synchrony for my Amazon account! I fell on some hard times in 2012 and let my account go into default. I had been on here for a while now reading about PFD and I had successfully dont that, so i decided to give the GW a chance. My credit report is currently showing both the OC and the CA on my report for the same account so i emailed both the OC (Synchrony) and the CA (Portfolio Recovery). I emailed the OC's CEO directly last night and got a call a noon TODAY. The person said that while Synchrony doesnt do GW for accounts that because they found in their records that mail that they had been sending me was returned to them via the post office they would completely remove the account from all 3 credit agencies and would be sending in for that today!

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success with Synchrony!!

Congratulations!  Would you do me a favor and private message me the email address of the CEO?

Message 2 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's awesome, congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

done

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  Would you do me a favor and private message me the email address of the CEO?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg! This is my EXACT SITUATON!! Amazon in 2012 too Would you mind please messaging me the information as well I would truley appreciate it!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay way to go!

Message 6 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the successful GW!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! I just had to let you all know that I just had a GW success with Synchrony for my Amazon account! I fell on some hard times in 2012 and let my account go into default. I had been on here for a while now reading about PFD and I had successfully dont that, so i decided to give the GW a chance. My credit report is currently showing both the OC and the CA on my report for the same account so i emailed both the OC (Synchrony) and the CA (Portfolio Recovery). I emailed the OC's CEO directly last night and got a call a noon TODAY. The person said that while Synchrony doesnt do GW for accounts that because they found in their records that mail that they had been sending me was returned to them via the post office they would completely remove the account from all 3 credit agencies and would be sending in for that today!

I too would like the email of the CEO of Sync if you don't mind.  I have two paid off accounts with them that went to collection agencies that I would like removed.  (One has been paid for quite some time now.)  You never know - every little thing helps!  

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent my GW email off to Synchrony earlier this afternoon and got a reply email that they would be contacting me by email or phone within the next two business days. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I will keep everyone posted!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just heard back from Synchrony Bank. They said they no longer reported to the credit agencies once the account was sold and I'd have to write the companies that the debt was sold to in order to get the accounts removed. Whatever. They'll age off eventually anyway. I'm not planning on buying a house (ever) or a car in the near future, so I'll just continue to make timely payments and pay off remaining debt. Phooey with this!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.