Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success!

tag
warpedlogic
Established Member

GW Success!

Hey guys and gals!  I've learned a lot from you all and I wanted to share that after a very disappointing first few weeks, I had a successful GW.  

It's from an old, closed, citibank student loan that was refinanced, but had serious derogs on 2 of the loans.  I sent them a GW request and got a letter stating that they received my dispute and that they will mark the TL's in question as disputed on my CR.  I figued it was a denial of GW and let it be, but when I pulled my daily CR yesterday, I found that 3 of the citi TL's were deleted from EX.  Then today I pulled a daily again and found that those same three had been deleted from EQ.  

Ah, it feels good and has renewed my vigor that I lost feeling so defeated.  :-)  Thank you everyone for the awesome advice, both directly and indirectly.

Real FICO Scores
Current: EQ-639 TU-630 EQ-615 (8/20/13)
History: EQ-560 TU-588 (6/11/12); EQ-549 (5/09/12) TU-514 (5/11/12)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: GW Success!

Awesome, success feels great!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 5
2NE1
Established Contributor

Did you mean to type TU instead of EX? if not then what's your TU status? and Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@warpedlogic wrote:

Hey guys and gals!  I've learned a lot from you all and I wanted to share that after a very disappointing first few weeks, I had a successful GW.  

It's from an old, closed, citibank student loan that was refinanced, but had serious derogs on 2 of the loans.  I sent them a GW request and got a letter stating that they received my dispute and that they will mark the TL's in question as disputed on my CR.  I figued it was a denial of GW and let it be, but when I pulled my daily CR yesterday, I found that 3 of the citi TL's were deleted from EX.  Then today I pulled a daily again and found that those same three had been deleted from EQ.  

Ah, it feels good and has renewed my vigor that I lost feeling so defeated.  :-)  Thank you everyone for the awesome advice, both directly and indirectly.

Keep at it! GW success always feels good haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 5
warpedlogic
Established Member

I did mean to type EX, but upon further inspection it seems it's still on my EX report.  But since they dropped off of my EQ report, I expect that by next month it will be off the other two.  Smiley Very Happy  Time to go send some more GW's.

Real FICO Scores
Current: EQ-639 TU-630 EQ-615 (8/20/13)
History: EQ-560 TU-588 (6/11/12); EQ-549 (5/09/12) TU-514 (5/11/12)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.