Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success!!

tag
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

GW Success!!

Early last week I had sent a GW letter to two collection agencies that I had previously paid in full asking that they change the status of my paid collections from "Potentially Negative - Closed" to "Current - Closed."

Got an e-mail from MF.com stating that my score had improved by 3 points.  Checked & sure enough the status of these two accounts had changed.

So, I got to thinking......maybe I can try ONE more time with these two to see if they'll delete completely since I'm no longer a concern to them.  Faxed both companies a letter containing my request for complete deletion.

Got ANOTHER e-mail this morning stating my score had improved by 10 points.  Checked.......one of them is completely gone already!

I'm going to give the other company another week or so & see what happens.  if nothing, you can believe I will continue to snail mail & fax until someone gets tired of seeing my name!  Smiley Happy

Thanks again for all the helpful information y'all have provided on these boards!  It would have never occurred to me otherwise to ask they remove the derogatory marks on my credit report!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: GW Success!!

Can you share the content of both your letters. This would be very helpful to me.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Yes agreed. What company also?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Woo Hoo.gif  Congrats to YOU!!   Thanks for sharing. Now you are the one helping others, thanks again.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.