Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Turn Down - NFCU

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

GW Turn Down - NFCU

Got a 12 hr response time for my GW E-mail.  Also sent letter but here was there response.

"Thank you for your message. Please be advised that we are unable to remove legitimate account information from your credit report, as these details constitute your credit history. Valid credit records may not be altered. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know."

Now I know they are not LEGALLY bound to report this line, but I'm having some trouble coming up with the right wording.  Any sugestions? I want to quote a source but not sure how to include the FCRA.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: GW Turn Down - NFCU

Message 2 of 20
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Credit card closed by creditor.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 3 of 20
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@tim1017 wrote:

Credit card closed by creditor.

That's vague. Was it closed because of being charged-off? Or because of some other reason?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 20
tim1017
Regular Contributor

"CLOSED BY CREDITOR" is what is stated on the trend line.  Not a charge off, or collectinos, due to lack of usage.  Happened to a lot of people during the recession.  

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 5 of 20
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@tim1017 wrote:

"CLOSED BY CREDITOR" is what is stated on the trend line.  Not a charge off, or collectinos, due to lack of usage.  Happened to a lot of people during the recession.  

That's not necessarily a bad thing. During a manual review any potential new creditor would review the payment history and would inquire to you as to what that means.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Keep sending GW letters. if they don't budge it will stay on your credit reports for 10 yrs from date closed. 

Message 7 of 20
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Appreciate the comments but I'm looking for suggestions as stated in my original post

"Now I know they are not LEGALLY bound to report this line, but I'm having some trouble coming up with the right wording.  Any sugestions? I want to quote a source but not sure how to include the FCRA."

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 8 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Even if they had inaccuratcies, there is nothing in the FCRA that states they have to delete their trade line. plain and simple. 

Message 9 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tim1017 wrote:

Appreciate the comments but I'm looking for suggestions as stated in my original post

"Now I know they are not LEGALLY bound to report this line, but I'm having some trouble coming up with the right wording.  Any sugestions? I want to quote a source but not sure how to include the FCRA."

It might help to know why you want it changed.  As stated, it is not a bad thing and is not even scored by FICO.

The FCRA does give the consumer the right to have Closed by consumer inserted if that was the case.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.