cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Wamu- I will never give up. Now its really on!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Wamu- I will never give up. Now its really on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started sending Wamu GW's to remove some lates I have from an old Providian account I had.  I am trying to clean up all of those ugly flags on my report.

So  I sent the first letter to Wamu 2 months ago and got the standard response "We are sorry to inform you...Blah...Blah....Blah... Can't alter correct information...Blah...Blah...Blah....We are required to...."  What ever!

So after I got the response back from them (It took them less than a week for them to respond to my letter) I sent another GW to them.  I sent the same letter to the same address.  A week later I received the same response back from them.  "We are sorry...."

So I had sent them 2 GW's in less than 2 months.

being impatient, I decided to try a new tactic. 

I sent a personal email to the CEO of Wamu.  Kerry Killinger, CEO.

A few hours later (maybe 2 hours) I get a voice mail on my phone.

Message " My Name, This is Sherry Goreman form Washington Mutual.  When you get a chance please call me back at 925-738-5166.  Thank you"

Well I call Mrs. Sherry back and she answers " This is Sherry Goreman from the Washington Mutual Presidents Office"  I never heard something like that when I called the 800 numbers. hahahaSmiley Very Happy

After a conversation with her (BTW she was very nice) she shot me down.  Said basically there is no way they can accommodate my request.  Before I hung up the phone with her, I told her I would keep trying.  She laughed.

I will not let this deter me.  I think I went very high up with my request and was told at the top "No way in hell" basically.  If something like this doesn't persuade me to stop, I suggest no one else give up on their own personal cleansing efforts.

Good luck all.Smiley Wink

I know you will ask..

Letters sent to

I foresee the CEO and I will becoming best friends.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: GW Wamu- I will never give up. Now its really on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I foresee the CEO and I will becoming best friends.

H ah aha ha ha ha! I love it! YOU GETTEM'

Message Edited by Jesedmotherof5 on 04-30-2008 06:18 PM
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

How old are the lates?  If over 2 years, it probably isnt worth it unless you dont mind to keep trying.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up the work.  I know it is disappointing.  I have received "NO" from PFD.  However, I did GW BankOne.  I had 4 lates, consecutive months in 2005.  They removed off of Equifax yesterday and I received,
DRUM ROLL....

3 BIG POINTS

Hey, those 3 points may help me get a better rate one day. Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

realworldknowledge wrote:

being impatient, I decided to try a new tactic. 

I sent a personal email to the CEO of Wamu.  Kerry Killinger, CEO.

I would email them twice a week.  Emails don't cost postage.  I would pull a shawshank on them and kill them with kindness and workload.  Write new emails regarding previous conversations and how your situation is different and how you would like to point that out.  Ask for someone else when you get a no on the phone.  Don't get snotty but just ask to speak with someone else and don't take no. 
They can tell you no that they won't help you but then they should have no problem letting you talk to someone else.

At some point they will realize the time this is taking is not worth it on a workload standpoint and a business stand point (hourly wages being paid)....or....heaven forbid you find someone that takes a personal investment and cares...this is who you are seeking anyway...you never know...they might realize how serious you are about why they should help and agree since people who aren't serious don't follow through like you do.

It may even be the same person who chuckled today.

Good luck
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the advice and encouragement.  I will continue my quest.

I am not in it for the points as they are irrelevant by now.  Its a personal goal to clean up all of those ugly flags that are on my report (not many, but none the less).  Its not always about raising your Fico score that is important.  In today's credit crunch times manual reviews of ones reports are not just being done by mortgage companies/banks, some CCC's are reviewing peoples reports and questioning the flags that come up.  Always better to have a clean slate.

I hope this thread gives someone else motivation as well to take on the challenge.

Good luck to all.

Message 6 of 12
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I think you really hit home with my my friend! order up another round of GW... I only  have one red flag left on my TU report ( hate it too) but is from Ford and I heard they are sticklers! 2- 2003 and 1 from 2005
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was reading a book recently that made a brief mention of Mel Blanc, the voice actor for Bugs Bunny. It is said that Mel knew he had a voice talent. He would walk into the executive's office at Warner Brothers who was in charge of hiring and screening. But each time Mel went he had to confront a gatekeeper of sorts who would not let him meet with the decision-maker. He asked for the chance to give a quick screening but was told no. Mel Blanc was persistent. He went back week after week after week for an entire year and was told by the same person "No!". Finally, he walked in and someone new was in that position. He asked if he could be screened and that lead to the voice of Bugs Bunny we know today.

That lady you talked to is the gatekeeper. Never give up.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks llecs.  I will keep everyone update on my progress.  And yes, I plan on making progress.  That or I'll have a court order to cease and desist.Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with another CC company. They ignored my letters, so I emailed the CEO, they emailed me back and said no dice. So I called the guy who emailed me, I yelled at him for a while, then I tried him back after they tanked my credit by 43 points since they re-aged the settlement which drops off in 1 year. He couldn't take any more and said he's deleting them and will call me this week. Didn't get my call yet, but I'll give him more time. My issues were caused from 9/11 so I had that in my favor but at first they didn't care.

I once faxed my resume to Merck everyday for a year. I finally got an interview, too bad I took another job a week prior to that.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.