Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW attempt = FAIL

tag
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

GW attempt = FAIL

I read a few posts about people calling WFNNB to ask them to remove lates and had success, so I got inspired to do the same.  Feeling optimistic, I called WFNNB who is now Alliance Data and was transferred to Comenity Bank (apparently the new owner of these old accounts).  I got a surprising reaction from the rep on the phone, "you have to dispute it within a year or its too late".  With my chest pumped up, I reponded, "that is not necessarily true" and she said, "yes it is, would you like to speak with my supervisor?"  I kindly said yes.  I explained to the supervisor that I was asking if they would consider removing the lates and he said he was confused of what I was asking since my account was closed.  He said, "there are no late fees on your account ma'am, the account is closed and the balance is zero."  I tried to maintain my composure while explaining that I was not asking him to waive late fees, I was asking if he would remove lates that were reported to the CRA.  He said in a very condescending manner that people cannot do that, that if the lates were from 2010 that it was too late to dispute them, and that they didn't have any lates showing they only had the info that the account was settled for less and closed.  I continued pleading that there is a way that it can be done, that people do it all the time, and he persisted that I was asking some outlandish request from them. He also interjected with "if you settled for less than the full balance, your account probably WAS late".  Does anyone have any advice to get a few late payments deleted from 2009/2010 on a closed WFNNB account that was settled forless than the full balance and closed?

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
electra
Established Contributor

Re: GW attempt = FAIL

I would suggest a letter writing campaign instead of calling. Look on here for some GW letter examples and personalize it for your experience.  Ask very nicely.  See if anyone here has a contact you could try writing to or do some research online to find an executive you could write to.  If they say no, write another letter.  I was given a very emphatic "no, we don't do that" 3 times for my GW attempt before someone called me and told me they were deleting.  

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Re: GW attempt = FAIL

I was thinking the same thing...I need to write actual letters.  Just figured I'd try the "easy" way first.  Thanks for the advice!

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.