cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW attempt ( UPDATE E-OSCAR DELETE SUCESSFUL )

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW attempt ( UPDATE E-OSCAR DELETE SUCESSFUL )

I GW'ed a CA for an old cable bill that was paid in full. I received a positive response and a letter of deletion on July 29th. 

The collection is still on my reports, so I emailed the same person at the CA and just got this response.

"Hi ME:-), 

I processed this deletion electronically.  I will go into E-Oscar (a 
database that is directly linked to each credit bureau) and do a hard 
delete.  It would also be beneficial to you to contact each credit bureau 
and disputing the debt and attaching the letter I have sent to you. 

The hard delete should erase the trade line in less than 3 days. 
"

What is the best way to contact and dispute with each Collection Agency with this letter I have?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about this almost successful GW attempt

To stimulate this thread a little bit..

Just off the top of my head I believe I read somewhere that people would dispute as "creditor agreed to delete" or something along those lines.

If I have a letter though I'm assuming that this involves a mail or fax dispute. I'm really excited about getting this off my record and would really appreciate my teams support here Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 15
Heavanly1
Regular Contributor

I used the "creditor agreed to delete" dispute for a paid medical and AFNI account.; I didn't have to send anything in. It was simply removed from all three of my reports.

If you do have the letter, feel free to send it in but just remember that when you submit a dispute with documentation, the credit bureaus can take up to 45 days to get you the results.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do the dispute online or how did you do it? How long did it take? 

If you did it online did you do it directly from the annualfreecreditreport.com site?

Sorry for my ignorance here, I have not disputed anything before.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm tempted on doing the same thing with the CRAs soon. I was able to successfully get a CA to GW delete an entry. Their letter said that it can take the CRAs up to 90 days to delete... It's been about 40. Starting to get impatient now. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
chamire
Contributor

LOL I AM WAITING FOR DELETION TO UPDATE AS WELL.

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I would really appreciate any of the elders to comment on my original question. How should I go about disputing how the CA suggested with the letter of deletion. I don't mind waiting 45 days if that is a more solid way of disputing than online.

Message 7 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

This whole thread makes no sense to me.  CRAs get involved in information that was inaccurately reported.

You cant dispute a GW.  The CRAs dont enforce fulfillment of private agreements between the consumer and a creditor.

The CA must postively report deletion to the CRA. 

No, I wouild not dispute this with the CRA.  The CA is just blowing you off.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I HIGHLY doubt that the CA is just blowing me off. 

Robert not only did they send me a letter of intent to delete through email PDF, but also mailed me a pen signed letterhead as well.

I believe she is telling the truth that she used e-oscar to delete the tradeline. In this case, what is going on with e-oscar?

Suppose that she is telling the truth here, what do you suggest I do as the best means of deleting this?

(Also - I only know for certain that it is still on TU, pulling three credit report on the 8th)

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.