Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW backfired?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW backfired?

WF is horrible to deal with. Ive had my rounds with them. They are not friendly at all when it comes to GW or any type of explination. I have been asking for the remarks removed for along time and nothing. I'm waiting on a call tomorrow from a lawyer about this very thing. I had 3 who have updated the account with disputes. I have it in my GW letter that I'm not disputing any accuracy but just requesting a goodwill adjustment.

Message 11 of 12
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: GW backfired?

@RobertEG wrote:

I would wait until 30 days has expired from the date of your letter, and then contact the credtior and demand removal of the dispute comments, or else you will file a formal complaint with the CFPB for their violation of the FCRA.

If they really considered your request to have been a dispute, then it was a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8) that compelled their investigation and response, sent no later than 30 days plus 5 business days after receipt of your "dispute."

Since they have failed to send you a notice of results of your direct dispute, they are in violation of the FCRA.

They cannot have their cake and eat it too.  It was either a dispute, or it was not.

I am troubled by creditors and collection agencies who do not act in good faith; would a BBB complaint that focuses on bad faith be appropriate here as well?
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.