Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW caused Hard Inquiry - Anyone Else?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW caused Hard Inquiry - Anyone Else?

It appears that my GW letter sent to a VW Credit (former creditor - account closed) for one 30-day late from 2009 caused them to put a hard inquiry on ALL 3 of my CB reports. Of course, my credit scores all dropped.

Has anyone else experienced this as a result of a GW letter? Any suggestions for how I can get the inquiries removed?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW caused Hard Inquiry - Anyone Else?

@Anonymous wrote:

It appears that my GW letter sent to a VW Credit (former creditor - account closed) for one 30-day late from 2009 caused them to put a hard inquiry on ALL 3 of my CB reports. Of course, my credit scores all dropped.

Has anyone else experienced this as a result of a GW letter? Any suggestions for how I can get the inquiries removed?

That sure is strange!

My initial thoughts would be that they do not have permissible purpose to access your credit reports since they are no longer your creditor.  Have you tried calling them to see why they did this?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW caused Hard Inquiry - Anyone Else?

I would agree, if you had satisfied all prior debt with them.  Then, with the debt ;paid, and the account closed, they would no longer have any permissible pull rights under FCRA 604(a).'

I would not start with a dispute the CRA.  Disputes overb inquires all go back to the reason the creditor certidied thier right to a credit inquiry,

i would call the creditor, ask to speak witha supervisor, and ask for an explanation of their permissble pull authoriity under FCRA 604(a)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.