cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW contacts

tag
Georgie

GW contacts

HI, first post but I've been following for some time.  LOVE this forum!   Thought I would try and eliminate a few old (3-4) lates.  I realize they don't hurt the score as much as they age but wanted to try my luck.  I posted on general credit info also as I wasn't sure which forum would be the best.  Has anyone had luck getting rid of lates that are several years old?  I'd love the contact info for:  Lowes, Sears/Citi and Firestone/First Credit.  All accounts have been paid off for some time (over a year).

thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GW contacts

@Georgie wrote:

HI, first post but I've been following for some time.  LOVE this forum!   Thought I would try and eliminate a few old (3-4) lates.  I realize they don't hurt the score as much as they age but wanted to try my luck.  I posted on general credit info also as I wasn't sure which forum would be the best.  Has anyone had luck getting rid of lates that are several years old?  I'd love the contact info for:  Lowes, Sears/Citi and Firestone/First Credit.  All accounts have been paid off for some time (over a year).

thanks! 

Your post would be best suited for the rebuilding forum, hopefully mods will move for you Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Moved to Rebuilding...

OP, try mailing your GWs to the address as exactly listed on your CR. Many in here had success with those you mentioned via that method. Try calling too.

How bad are the lates?

Message 3 of 5
Georgie

Just 30 days and in 2010 and 2011. I'll start my campaign to have them dropped. Do I need to ask to have them erased from specific CRs or will they delete from all 3 (or the ones they report to?)
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Georgie wrote:
Just 30 days and in 2010 and 2011. I'll start my campaign to have them dropped. Do I need to ask to have them erased from specific CRs or will they delete from all 3 (or the ones they report to?)

I certainly wouldn't mess with the ones from 2010. I personally would GW the lates from 2011 though. I would also weigh whether or not they are closed. Sometimes a GW can result in the OC in deleting the entire TL vs. the late only. If the age helped, then you could lose points when that wasn't the intent. When you send in a GW, you'd specifically put in there which CRA(s) is showing the baddie info. Per FICO scoring, FICO largely ignore 30-day lates beyond 2 yrs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.