Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW critique - please and thank you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW critique - please and thank you

idk if this sounds too preachy or whiney. I read through example ones, but none seemed to fit our situation so I just started writing...

To Whom It May Concern:

My reason for writing to you today is two-fold: first is to express my thanks for my past business with Chase, and to express my desire to one day have that business relationship again. Second is to request a goodwill removal of Chases’ trade-line from my credit reports. I’m aware this is an unusual request and I would not ask it if it were not for unusual circumstances.

In March of 2012 my family bought our first home. I was elated for our young family to take such a big step towards our future, but the following month did not go as I had imagined. My husband has struggled with epilepsy for many years and in April 2012 he attempted to take his life.

The years that followed were understandably difficult. I dropped out of school as I continued to work full-time while I cared for our daughter and my husband. Medical expenses used up much of what we had saved, and despite my best efforts my one income wasn’t enough to make ends meet. I began putting expenses on my credit card, understanding that it wasn’t wise, but all the while hoping that something – a supplemental job or a raise – would come along and I’d be able to pay it all off. Things didn’t work out, I eventually got a raise at my job, but it came too little too late to save my delinquent credit account.

Since that time our lives have improved and I’ve worked diligently to clean up the mess left from those years. I take my financial obligations seriously, I believe in paying my debts and am happy to say, that although late, I’ve managed to do just that – but the damage from those years lingers and will continue to affect my credit scores for years to come.

Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist you in reaching a positive decision, but I am grateful for your time, whatever the results of this letter may be.

Very Hopefully Yours,

XXXX

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: GW critique - please and thank you

I would take out "unusual". While goodwill requests are not commonly satisfied by credtiors, it is certainly not unusual these days to request them.

By the way, I am sorry to hear that about your husband.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.