Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW critique

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW critique

I am sending this out today and am not sure if it is ok.

To Whom It May Concern,

On March 16, 2009, I paid account numberXXXXX, in the amount of $69.80. I am in the process of repairing my credit in the hopes of purchasing a home this year. I am requesting a goodwill adjustment removing the item from my credit reports.

The bill was my husbands. I did not realize that he had put my name on the form as financially responsible for the charges.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW critique

This is just me, but I've had success with this general format....

Dear Creditor,

I am writing to you with regard to an account I recently discovered on my credit report. The account is listed as numberXXXXX with an amount owing of $69.80. Upon discovering this on my report, I immediately sent in payment in full. I am including a copy of the receipt. (if you have one, or a confirmation number, etc.)

The original debt belonged to my husband, and I was not aware he'd put my name on the form to be held financially responsible for the charges. I sincerely apologize for not knowing to address this issue sooner. I'd like to request that this negative account be deleted from my credit reports. Although this was a small charge, the appearance of a collection on my report is greatly affecting my score and hindering my ability to obtain credit.

I appreciate your consideration of this matter.

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW critique

This is just me, but I've had success with this general format....

Dear Creditor,

I am writing to you with regard to an account I recently discovered on my credit report. The account is listed as numberXXXXX with an amount owing of $69.80. Upon discovering this on my report, I immediately sent in payment in full. I am including a copy of the receipt. (if you have one, or a confirmation number, etc.)

The original debt belonged to my husband, and I was not aware he'd put my name on the form to be held financially responsible for the charges. I sincerely apologize for not knowing to address this issue sooner. I'd like to request that this negative account be deleted from my credit reports. Although this was a small charge, the appearance of a collection on my report is greatly affecting my score and hindering my ability to obtain credit.

I appreciate your consideration of this matter.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.