Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW deletion?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW deletion?!?

I recently wrote some GW letters to a few different creditors, one being BBY/CBNA. I was only asking for one 30 day late mark to be removed because it was this year. I had auto payments coming out and it had expired without my knowledge and I didn't know until they had already reported it. I noticed a score bump on EQ and on two of my CMS. They all say that there's been a change to this account but I can't tell what it actually is. They show a dispute marked on MF, and they all still show the account and when I logged into CK it shows the account has been deleted but at the same time is still shows on the report. So I'm thinking the account has been deleted but not completely updated yet. My score was bumped up 7 points!! Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW deletion?!?

Update: I just got home and received a letter! It says 'We are pleased to report that your account is current at this time. This information is reported to the three major credit reporting agencies listed...' Well, I'm assuming they corrected the one late payment but do not really have confirmation of that so I guess I will have to wait for one of the report updates to know what they really did. I already know that my account is current and has been since I realized the one payment did not get made. Whatever they did, it had a positive effect because my score bumped up 7 points.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.