Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW denials left and right :-(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW denials left and right :-(

I have had no success w/any of my GW letters so far :-(. I've just recently started my credit repair but I'm starting to get discouraged. I know it may take some time, but I just needed to vent, lol. Not giving up yet!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: GW denials left and right :-(

Don't give up Smiley Happy keep on going!!! But believe me I understand. I too started my credit repair journey and I must say it has been a non stop battle. So far none of my GW have worked but I have had success getting a CA deleted. We have to keep on pushing and keep on reading. If it weren't for this forum I would of thought all of this was impossible, but it's NOT!! Just takes a lot of dedication, and in my case a lot of tears. So keep your head up!!!!!!!!
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, phone calls work much better - something about the humanity involved, in that it is not impersonal at all, I know they say to get it in writing, but I just made sure to ask for the persons FIRST AND LAST names and their mailing address so that I can confirm via writing what was told me on the phone. I also made sure to ask them to note our phone call in my account notes and she said, "Got it already!" Very pleasant experience so all in all, I'm excited, I got a goodwill deletion today with a 3 minute phone call!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I just read about GW letters myself and tried it out. I sent a GW online to chase and received the standard denial letter right away, in fact within 24 hours. So I did a bit more reading in the forms and found after being denied you should keep bartking it up the chane. I found a post in regards to a successful GW letter to Chase and noted several requests for the contact. That contact turned out to be Chairman and CEO JP Morgan Chase. I sent an email today @ 1147PST and received a phone call an hour and a half later asking for a bit more detail. She then provided me with contact info and told me she would see if we can get my request approved! I was told I would receive a reply within 48 hours. Now thats customer service!

Figured I would share my story. It may help you with direction.

Have a good one!

Message 4 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had no success w/any of my GW letters so far :-(. I've just recently started my credit repair but I'm starting to get discouraged. I know it may take some time, but I just needed to vent, lol. Not giving up yet!

I've been trying to get HSBC Bank to remove my entire Sears Mastercard Solutions CC tradeline since the beginning of the year and nothing, it's been four months and they still won't budge. I think I'm giving this one up. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the frustration of rebuilding.. I had to take a week off from the forums as I'd gotten so frustrated reading others successes when all my attempts just seemed to bite me in the rear. I finally got an illegitimate collection removed, but when I first disputed it the CA reaged it and started calling me 10 times a day. So frustrating! All you can do is keep trying and once you've worn out all avenues, take a break and try again a few months down the road.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.