Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW each individual late payment?

tag
eonxblue
Established Member

GW each individual late payment?

Hi guys,

Quick question for people with experience. I had a recent success with Nordstrom agreeing to remove a 90-day late. Now, I have one 60-day and two 30-day lates I want removed as well. As I continue to GW the rest of these lates, will anyone looking in my "file" at a later date know I successfully had  90-day late removed? Is a record made of it? When I wrote my original GW letter, I didn't want to sound too greedy so I asked for the 90-day late to be removed. I'm worried I missed an opportunity now to remove more lates because I didn't ask, and I don't want that held against me as I attempt to continue to GW the rest of the lates.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: GW each individual late payment?

30 and 60 day lates will impact your score for up to 2 yrs. After that they start to fade away. each late will fall off at 7 yrs from that date of occurance. 90+ day lates are major derogatory's and can affect your score for nearly 7 yrs. Good job on the GW letter for the 90 day late!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.