Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW email sent and the reply: Nordstroms

tag
Payneful
Established Member

GW email sent and the reply: Nordstroms

Mr. XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time out to read this email.  I know your schedule can get busy, being a person of your stature.  My name is XXXXXXX.  May XXXX, a 30 Day Late Payment was posted on all three Credit Bureaus.  I know this may be a lot to ask, but I am requesting the removal of the 30 Day Late Payment. This is the ONLY missed payment of my Credit Report. I have never missed a payment and have a history of payments made on time with Nordstrom.  I became very sick around that time and was in and out of the hospital. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, due to the late payment.  Since then, I have paid every month on time and for the past couple months paid extra to get my balance from 700 to zero.  

My credit is important to me and my relationship with your company is also important.  The last thing I want is for Nordstrom to view me as high risk and not value me as a customer.  I've been a happy customer for many years and will like to remain one for many more.  I would really appreciate if you could remove the late payment from my file.  Please consider my request with a goodwill adjustment and have the 30 Day Late Payment removed from all three Credit Bureaus.

This was sent to El presidente; Here is the reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

XXXXX has asked me to look into the options available regarding the late payment reporting on your credit bureau, since I directly support our credit efforts.  I’ve researched the account history and as you mentioned in your letter it had fallen delinquent in XXXX.  After the missed payment, we reported the account as 30 days late in May of XXXX.  Since the late payment on your report is not due to an error, making adjustments to this accurate reporting puts us at risk of being out of compliance. 

I applaud your efforts in bringing the account current and paying off the balance, but unfortunately we will not be able to adjust the bureau reporting.  We appreciate and value your patronage over the years and look forward to serving you in the future.  If you have any questions about your account, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you personally.      

Sincerely,

XXXXXX XXXXX

Nordstrom Credit Services

What should be my next step, should i try El Presidente again?? Or should i just send a letter instead of email. Is the person that replied to me correct, Are they really out of compliance if they delete it????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: GW email sent and the reply: Nordstroms

Was this late payment really 30 days late? Or just a couple weeks or so?
Message 2 of 3
Payneful
Established Member

Re: GW email sent and the reply: Nordstroms

Nordstroms gives you 60 days to pay them and then they report as a 30 day late charge, So they reported me back in May 2012 as a 30 day late. i had the card since 2010, and i just zero'd out the account last month

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.