Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW emails

tag
bigboihill
Valued Member

GW emails

Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while but this is my first time posting.  I have gained some very useful information which has allowed me to increase my credit score 100 points within a 1 year time frame!!!  I am now in the process of sending some GW letters to accounts that have been PIF.  Would anyone of the great contributors here be so kind as to PM me good email adresses for any of the following:

Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Capital One Credit Card

Juniper Credit Card

Macy's

The Home Depont (Thd/Cbna)

One Main Financial (formerly Citifinancial)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW emails

The internet is certainly quick and easy, but hardly personal.  I dont even read emails when I dont know their source, and they can be sent by anyone.

GWs are a personal plea.  I would not even use email for such requests, as they dont show the personal attention of a phone call or even a signed letter.

Your choice, but email would not be my preferred method of obtaining personal attention......

Message 2 of 18
bigboihill
Valued Member

Thanks for your advice!  I know that emails are not that personal, but I was definitely going to compose and format the email just as I would a letter.  However, if someone has good snail mail addresses that I could use for the listed creditors, I would be most grateful as well!!  Thanks!!

Message 3 of 18
2NE1
Established Contributor

check your inbox! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

bigboihill,  Just wanted to drop in a say "Hi"waving hi.gif      Glad to see your 1ST post.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 18
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

I would disagree with Robert, all my GW deletes have been via email, including a CO. In regards to your Macy's GW, I sent my email on their online inquiry form. Times have changed, email would be my first choice.
BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 6 of 18
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Biggest issue with GWs by phone is you usually talk to someone at a company on the lower level of the totem pole who can't help. I've read here about people mailing GW letters with personalized stationary with pictures of their family, etc.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 18
bigboihill
Valued Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Message 8 of 18
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Can someone pm me the email address for capital one plz?? Thanks
Message 9 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

The internet is certainly quick and easy, but hardly personal.  I dont even read emails when I dont know their source, and they can be sent by anyone.

GWs are a personal plea.  I would not even use email for such requests, as they dont show the personal attention of a phone call or even a signed letter.

Your choice, but email would not be my preferred method of obtaining personal attention......

+1

Well thought out post.   Will use that one myself in the future

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.