Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW failed...Your advice please

tag
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

GW failed...Your advice please

Ok so what’s your advice… I am very close to having my middle score where I wanted to be to apply for a loan.  Hopefully I will be able to apply within the next 60 days.  I have a collection that will fall off and one that I GW and will be deleted so I am hoping my middle score will be around 660. 

I sent out a lot of GW letters and got 2 “declines” from SL companies.   One was a result of an email that I sent to the president the other was snail mail.  Here was the response from one, but both said almost the thing.

Thank you for contacting xxx in regards to your xxx loan.  After reviewing your loan, I am writing to confirm xxx accurately reported the negative status on your loan to the Credit Bureau.

We certainly understand the negative reporting has impacted your ability to secure credit and we are sympathetic to your situation.   However, the review of your loan, we determined the negative reporting was a result of the timing of your payment and no deferment being requested while the consolidation was in process. 

As a third party servicer, xxx, is required to maintain the integrity of the credit information.  According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, once information is accurately reported, data furnishers should not ask for changes unless the previously reported information is inaccurate.  Your loan reported accurately and any adjustments compromise the integrity of the data. 

Unless an error is discovered, the consumer will be advised that the factual credit history will continue to be reported.

We regret we are unable to honor your request.

My questions are:

Should I continue to try or leave it alone?  DOFD 05/2006 and the other was 01/2008 (this one was later deferred and brought back to current status)?

For the account that I sent to the President, should I send an email to him again or try someone else in the company?

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GW failed...Your advice please

I would keep trying.  All they can do is keep saying no.  Who knows, one may say yes.

Message 2 of 7
jmack711
Regular Contributor

In terms of sending a GW to someone else in the company, I would definitely say it is worth a shot. I have had circumstances where I sent a GW to different people within the same company and some replied no and others have said yes.

Message 3 of 7
awal
Regular Contributor

Can too many GW letters hurt? Does sending them too frequently become harassment?

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have only seen one post where an individual kept sending them and the creditor told them to stop.  They didn't imply harrassment but said they would no longer answer.

Just a side note:  It is not considered harrassment when you get 20 dunning notices in a month.  I don't see why it could be considered harrassment for this.

Message 5 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

Hi

I would not give up and I would also keeping trying.

I think you need to be stratigic on who you send the GW too. I would try to find the name of a supervisor or manager where you can send the letter. I would also review the letter and maybe give them more of a background on what happened.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 7
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.  This process has been up and down... one day a collection is deleted, the next day you receive a letter like this that makes you believe it can't happen.  I'm happy though...I'm already 20 points above what I was shooting for and I haven't even received a response from all of the letters I've sent or seen the deletions update in CRA.  I bet that I'll be up to 660 in no time.

So maybe I'll reword my letters.

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.