Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW follow-up question

tag
woodman23
Established Member

GW follow-up question

Hello,

I sent a GW letter to 2 CC companies asking for removal of 30-day lates.

I received a reply asking me to send them copy of credit report with adverse information, SSN, and explanation of dispute.

Would you guys send back all this info, or just simply send another GW letter (the GW contains explanation of dispute).  Maybe thats a riduclous question, I guess my only though is if the CC companies review the report and see another late for another account, does that make them more concerned and less likely to do a GW adjustment?

just curious.

thanks,

Scott

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW follow-up question

I am FAR from a credit report guru, but personally, I would not send them my credit report.  If they are reporting correctly, they should be able to tell YOU what the report says... not the other way around.  Have you disputed the debt with the CRAs or ever DV'd the creditor?

Message 2 of 5
woodman23
Established Member

thanks for the reply.

"Have you disputed the debt with the CRAs or ever DV'd the creditor?"

I'm not trying to have a debt or a collection removed, just some old reported 30-day lates.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think a DV or debt dispute is in order here?

thanks.

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@woodman23 wrote:

thanks for the reply.

"Have you disputed the debt with the CRAs or ever DV'd the creditor?"

I'm not trying to have a debt or a collection removed, just some old reported 30-day lates.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think a DV or debt dispute is in order here?

thanks.

A GW letter is completely in order for this. How old are these lates? They will disappear at 7 years from each individual date of delinquency. And 30 day lates lose their impact pretty quickly.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 5
woodman23
Established Member

thanks for the reply.

I guess this is my fault for not explaining myself clearly.

I did send GW letters - thats all I've done for these, the reply I recieved was asking me to provide them with a copy of CR, SSN, and explnation of dispute.

so when this happens to you guys, do you send all this info, CR, etc... or do you simply send another GW letter?

BTW, the 30-day-lates are within the last 18 months.

thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.