Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW for VW credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW for VW credit.

Has anyone had luck getting latest removed from VW credit. My DW has had VW vehicles since 2006 and has some slow pays. We are fully caught up for 15 months. I know that it doesn't hurt you after a certain time....30 day lates, however we are looking to move into a house next year and want to clean her report as much as possible (in case of manual review)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW for VW credit.

Bumpie?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumpie?

Message 3 of 8
hairguyry
Established Member

I haven't had any luck yet, although I've contacted them multiple times. My wife has had cars with them since 2002 and she's had success in the past - she called and asked for someone who can actually make changes and bypassed the normal CSR. It just takes diligence. I haven't had the time to call (I'm being lazy and needed a break from all of my previous GW's) but I'm going to get on the horn and go for it. I wouldn't do it via mail because I asked them about it via mail and they responded that I was disputing the information (more ammo that I will use when talking to them). 

Good luck and let me know if you achieve any success!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight.  The car that shows the lates is the last one that we owned, and it was just in her name.  We will keep up the good fight here too.

Message 5 of 8
truckerwife
Valued Member

My husband tried for almost 6 months with LL to get a goodwill removal of lates from VW but they wouldn't budge.   I tried for another few months with no results.  The mortgage lender said that it's not affecting our loan so we are pausing GW for now.  However once we close I"m going to start sending letters out again. 

I hope y'all have better luck!

Currently TU - 702!! EQ - 651 EXP - 651
Started TU-502 EQ-572 EXP-?? (6/14)
Initial Goal 700 across the board
Message 6 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

This is one of the few remaining baddies on my reports; I have been GW'ing them for over 2 years.  Keep trying different address, but don't give up.  They started telling me they would no longer respond to my letters, but have in fact been telling me that for months.  Smiley Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 7 of 8
hairguyry
Established Member

Not to discourage from the letters, but my wife was able to get it done by speaking to a CSR manager. The normal reps who answer say that can't do anything because of the FCRA (blah blah blah), so she just would ask for the next person up who could do something. If they said no one was available, she would politely tell them that is ok and that she would just hang up and call back and get someone who would help. Hopefully that helps someone. They kinda gave me a few outs if I was a veteran and something else, but I was hitting them back with their own argument and then had to end my calls so I will reach out to them early next week (business beckons) and let anyone know if any additional luck is had.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.