Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW'ing OC to delete while paying off CO CC

tag
gatortrades
New Contributor

GW'ing OC to delete while paying off CO CC

I posted awhile back about a settlement with NGI on a cap one co cc. NGI isn't reporting, they're merely collecting for cap one. Cap one won't accept payment.

Thus far, they've both been great. However, I've recently been reading that settling a co can be bad on manual review, and will make a GW delete a lot harder. So I called in yesterday to NGI and asked them to tell cap one, that I'll pay the full amount I owe. It'll cost me an additional ~$1500, but a)it's the right thing to do, and b)maybe I can swing a GW delete out of it.

So what I've thought to start doing is GW'ing them now. I'll explain the story, explain that I have two perfect cap one's currently (one secured), and that I would appreciate blah, blah, blah. Probably wont work, but I'll be paying for about 6 months, so may as well start now. Good idea?

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.