Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW, leave alone, or PFD

tag
2ukb

GW, leave alone, or PFD

Hey Everyone,

First I would like to say thanks for the positivity of this forum and the willingness of everyone to share experiences in attempt to help build credit. Goodness its hard. Well I have a question. I have an account with Sprint that has been open since 2003, this account has been sent to collections and is on my credit report as a bad debt. Well I had no knowledge of this account being delinquent. I contacted Sprint and twice and spoke to a Sprint Credit reviewer who stated that my account is showing good standing and that I should dispute. My thing is should I dispute being that sprint has no knowledge of this account, leave it alone in fear that the SOL will start over, or attempt GW with the CA that claim they do not do PFD.  Please assist advise. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW, leave alone, or PFD

Is there a collection agency showing for that account or does your report just show your sprint account as bad.

If there is a collection agency listed for the same account send them a DV. Is this a phone bill? If so the SOL is only 2 years. So I would DV and if they are able to verify it then offer a PFD.

I had a similar problem with Bellsouth I called them and they would say "all is good!" and I thought that would be the end of it but since it was listed with a CA as well there was more involved than just having Bellsouth report it as "all is good!"

I hope that makes sense. If not don't worry there are lots of people who know way more than me.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

The CS rep probably couldn't see that far back to know it was sent to a CA.

I would call back and ask for a supervisor and let the supervisor know about the CA for the account they say is past due and ask for PROOF that your account is in good standing and also request that they call the CA they assigned and have them remove the collection.

Getting proof adds to your paper trail.

Message 3 of 5
2ukb

Thanks Everyone for your quick responses. The person who advised me that my account ws in good standing was a supervisor of the finance department. He stated it would be best for me to dispute through the credit bureau who would in turn contact them for research and then delete thus bypassing the CA. My fear is to go thru this and my DOLA start over.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They cannot reset your CRTP - it is illegal to "reage" the account. It's usually not best to dispute, though because it will most likely be verified by computer.

If there is a collection agency reporting this debt, I would DV them as suggested before.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.