Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter Macy's for CO

tag
Quarterchips
Established Member

GW letter Macy's for CO

Has anyone ever GW'ed for a CO? I had an account w/Macy's that is shown as CO'd in 2006. I never really heard from them until recently when a CA was collecting on their behalf (Macy's still owned the account). They offered me to pay the full account off, and Macy's would look into re-opening the account. Well I did pay them, Macy's now shows as paid CO on my report. I called Macy's & they said I would need to re-apply in the store if I wanted to try & get the account re-opened.

2 questions: Should I even bother GW'ing this, will they even remove a CO? If I were to re-apply & get approved, would it open a new TL, or would they adjust the old one?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mporter13
New Contributor

Re: GW letter Macy's for CO

I had this same thing happen to me.  I paid the whole account and initially did not receive a new card.  After about 3 months a new Macys card just shows up in the mail.  The card only has a $500 CL on it versus the 2K i used to have.  Anyway, I received it w/o applying again in the store, but the old account is still showing on my credit report.
04/18/18: TU-677 EQ-747 EX-756
Message 2 of 4
Quarterchips
Established Member

Have you ever sent a GW letter to Macy's to see if the old TL could be taken out, since there's a new account/TL?  I'm just curious if Macy's would be receptive for a request like this.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you send them a GW letter ask them to reinstate your account to good standing.  This way they will delete all negative annotations and return the account to positive.  There will only be one TL.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.