Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter question

tag
belvictoria
New Contributor

GW letter question

Recently I sent my student loan company a GW letter asking them to remove 4 90 day lates from my CR, in all honestly i do not believe that they are reporting this correctly but that's another story. Now my credit report reflects "Consumer disputes after resolution"

So now I am helping my husband clear up some things on his CR and I'm trying to avoid this mistake when I send out his GW letters

My question is would it be a good idea to add this to all the GW letters I send out for him

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with ---------------). I am simply asking -------------for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be ------------- normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report.

I am currently working on a  GW letter to a CA that we never went through because we paid the ticket through the county. Would it hurt to add this?

The reason I ask is because most of the GW examples don't mention this and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Thanks again.

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Re: GW letter question

@belvictoria wrote:

Recently I sent my student loan company a GW letter asking them to remove 4 90 day lates from my CR, in all honestly i do not believe that they are reporting this correctly but that's another story. Now my credit report reflects "Consumer disputes after resolution"

So now I am helping my husband clear up some things on his CR and I'm trying to avoid this mistake when I send out his GW letters

My question is would it be a good idea to add this to all the GW letters I send out for him

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with ---------------). I am simply asking -------------for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be ------------- normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report.

I am currently working on a  GW letter to a CA that we never went through because we paid the ticket through the county. Would it hurt to add this?

The reason I ask is because most of the GW examples don't mention this and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Thanks again.

I have used that paragraph on my GW letters and I was able to get a full deletion.  Just to clarify, you mention for your GW letter that you wanted some lates removed.  Does your husband want some lates removed?  Or does he want the entire trade line deleted?  This paragraph is geared towards a complete deletion of a trade line.

Message 2 of 4
belvictoria
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Yep for deletion, definitely trying to get somethings deleted.

Sorry for the confusion, trying to fix both of our credits and it can get confusing lol

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 3 of 4
NatureDawg
Established Member

I completed four goodwill letters and simply stated that my account was paid in full on a particular date and would the company please consider deleting the tradeline now that the matter was resolved.  I didn't go in to long explanations or mention the FCRA.  If I had a paid in full letter, I included that information.  I made a follow up call to each company to ensure the letter had been received.  Three of the four companies deleted the tradeline within 30 days.  One company refused.  

Starting Score: September 2013 - EQ 548 EX 610 TU 555
Current Score: October 2014 - EQ 674 EX 671 TU 704
Goal Score: all scores 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.