Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter, should I bother?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter, should I bother?

Hello all once again,

I have been racking by brains the last several days deciding to whether I should send out GW's to a few CO accounts that first reported late's back in May-Sep. '10 that I settled on. I'm still paying on the last two CO every month. So the question is, should I bother sending GW's to have the late's reported on my credit removed or just let it go for NOW if it's not really effecting my score's? One reason I haven't sent GW's out yet is because from what I have been reading on these board's, could cause more harm than good. Especially when I'm trying to get a few more point's on my score's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letter, should I bother?

How late?  30? 60? 90?  if they are 30's they lose bite after 2 years,   The bigger ones.. 90.. hurt till they fall off.  YMMV of course.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter, should I bother?

Well this is where most of us get confused about our CR. Does it matter if it's a 120 day late or a CO? I just figured they all fall into the same negative bucket? Even if I get the late's removed, will the TL still show as a CO?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.