Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter success

Had one 30-day late with Toyota/Lexus and sent a GW letter.  Received written reply saying they would have it removed!  The car  was PIF the end of 2013, so I'm not sure how much it will affect the scores.  Did see on Credit Karma that it was removed.  Haven't gotten any score change updates from myfico yet.  Pretty psyched because I'll need  a new car loan soon.  Still have some good willing to do though.  And so we mush on.  Will post back with any score changes.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter success

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Had one 30-day late with Toyota/Lexus and sent a GW letter.  Received written reply saying they would have it removed!  The car  was PIF the end of 2013, so I'm not sure how much it will affect the scores.  Did see on Credit Karma that it was removed.  Haven't gotten any score change updates from myfico yet.  Pretty psyched because I'll need  a new car loan soon.  Still have some good willing to do though.  And so we mush on.  Will post back with any score changes.

Grats on your successful GW Smiley Happy

The biggest bump comes when your final baddie is removed, the removal of 1 item may yield a few points depending on how old it is.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.  Yea, I was thinking this might not yield the biggest jump in score, but may help getting a better rate having a perfect auto loan on there.  Especially if I get another Toyota.  Will see

Message 4 of 5
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

As far as gaining points from removing items it goes on a YMMV case by case basis. I just had a charge off removed from 2013 and still have a charge off from 2013 showing, I gained 67pts on EQ, 50 some on TU and 50 some on EX.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.