cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter successes with NCO?

tag
jcmaroon

GW letter successes with NCO?

In an attempt to shore up my FICO score and clean up my credit report in advance of pursuing a mortgage, I sent NCO Financial Services a GW email this week. I have a $310 paid collection from five years ago that I was hoping they would agree to remove. I'd read about some successes on this and other forums.

They left me a voice mail today requesting I return the call today, so I called back, extremely hopeful. Unfortunately, nothing doing. They operator - a young man with an Indian accent - said that it was "against the law" for them to remove the collection, unless I was actually disputing the collection or thought it was in error.

Am I just out of luck at this point? Or is there another path that some of you might pursue?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letter successes with NCO?

Send another one snail mail.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I found them to be pretty decent.  Keep trying.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you be willing to share the NCO email address via PM? Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

start hitting them with snail mail, send to address on credit report.  Keep sending.  One may say NO and another may say YES.  You need to get someone in USA.

Message 5 of 6
BS3
New Contributor

I personally have ran into this as well with GW, both on the phone & via mail.  I have had this happen with credit cards (Capital One) & collections.  Do we just keep resending via mail and hope someone else opens the letter?  From my understanding, a GW is basically asking for the Credit Company for erase what I have done bad.  Also, some CA has told me I need to contact the OC when I have called them.  Can anyone advise please?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.