Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter to Chase Auto

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

GW letter to Chase Auto

Hi Everyone,

I have a Chase Auto loan that I have had since April 2008.  In the fall of 2009 I had some financial issues (divorce & loss of my business).  I was 30 days late 4 months in a row.  I maintained good communication with Chase during that time and they were very nice to me through the process.  Before those 30 days lates, I always paid on time.  Since those 30 days late I have paid on time and usually pay more than what is due.  My loan is actually close to being paid off.

Now I am in the "credit clean up" process and would like to see if Chase will be so kind as to remove those 30 days late on all 4 months.  Does anyone have a GW letter that they have used under similar circumstances (or with Chase) that was effective?  I have never done a GW letter before and I am not sure exactly what I should be saying and if there are "key" words or phrases that I should be utilizing in the letter.

Thank you so much!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letter to Chase Auto

Always write a GW from scratch. Here are some success stories and examples:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 7
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Always write a GW from scratch. Here are some success stories and examples:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

hi, I just had some success with a gw email to the president/ceo of chase  (regarding a Kohls account).  I didn't do a form gw.  Basically, it was three paragraphs:

First paragraph: identifying my accounts (noting my long credit history in general and with Chase in general), I gave them a personal reason why I was late. I acknowledged that this was not an excuse, but simply wanted to provide background for what was occuring in my life at that time and my out-of-character lapse.

I would not draw this out, but just give a snapshot of your life.

Second paragraph, stating that now things are better (with regard to personal reasons above) and paid off balance in full.  This reporting is hurting my otherwise creditworthiness and, as a token of good will, I am hoping they will considering removing it.

Third paragraph:  I still love you (Chase) and although you are not required to help me fix my mistakes, I thank you for what I hope will be your understanding and assistance in helping returning to the good credit rating I once enjoyed.

I've only been at this week, but so far, I've been successful at having a charge-off and two lates removed.  I don't think there are any key words. I would just give them some personal details, all while acknowledging it is not an excuse, but asking for their help.

Message 4 of 7
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@Lilybuggy wrote:

hi, I just had some success with a gw email to the president/ceo of chase  (regarding a Kohls account).  I didn't do a form gw.  Basically, it was three paragraphs:

First paragraph: identifying my accounts (noting my long credit history in general and with Chase in general), I gave them a personal reason why I was late. I acknowledged that this was not an excuse, but simply wanted to provide background for what was occuring in my life at that time and my out-of-character lapse.

I would not draw this out, but just give a snapshot of your life.

Second paragraph, stating that now things are better (with regard to personal reasons above) and paid off balance in full.  This reporting is hurting my otherwise creditworthiness and, as a token of good will, I am hoping they will considering removing it.

Third paragraph:  I still love you (Chase) and although you are not required to help me fix my mistakes, I thank you for what I hope will be your understanding and assistance in helping returning to the good credit rating I once enjoyed.

I've only been at this week, but so far, I've been successful at having a charge-off and two lates removed.  I don't think there are any key words. I would just give them some personal details, all while acknowledging it is not an excuse, but asking for their help.

That is great!  Thank you so much, and congrats on your successes so far!!  That is fantastic.  I bet you are already starting to see that upward movement in your scores! Smiley Very Happy

I not only have my auto loan with chase, but I have 2 personal checking accounts, my daughter's high school checking account (so my name is the principal), a savings account, and a business checking account.  I am hoping that gives me a little leverage too.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

she i would definitely mention all associated Chase account.  one of my first ever credit cards was Chase and as far I can remember, I have not had any negative history so I made to mention my longtime goodstanding with Chase.

It's been surprisingly easy.  I'm addicted to the gw success and want to keep trying for more.  It's amazing.

Message 6 of 7
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

GW letter done and put in the mail!  Wish me luck!! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.