Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter to Kohls department store

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter to Kohls department store

Has anyone had any luck with a GW letter to Kohls department store. I have 2 lates in 3 years and they are giving me a hard time when I ask them to remove those lates as a courtesy.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: GW letter to Kohls department store

I don't know about their success rate, but sometimes with any removal request, it can take multiple attempts. It may be a matter of it just getting into the right hands.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Not much luck here either. Got 2 lates from 2011 that I have tried 2 GE letters in the last 3 months. First communication got someone from EO to call and asked the wife additional info. They then came back with a letter in the mail with generic response with a denial. 2nd letter was sent couple weeks ago and no response back yet.

I will be doing a 3rd round after Memorial Day, but this time postal mailings to various contacts.

Good luck with yours!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck on my end. I had a series of 30-120 day lates in 2012 and 2013 and have sent three GWs over the past year. Got denied on all three, and it was the same person in the EO who denied them each time, and included a copy of her previous denials in the envelope with her current denial.

I'm going to send another one next month. Holding out faint hope that I'll get a different person this time and they'll be fine with deleting the negatives.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent a GW letter to the CEO of Kohls.  I keep track of my credit scores with Credit Karma, Credit One, and Credit Wise thorugh Capital One and Credit Karma has Kohls reported me 60 days late.  My Mom was diagnosed with cancer in October 2014 (she lived in Florida I live in Maryland) so I flew for a week every moth for Chemo treaments, etc.  During that time my Kohls was paid off.  I used my Kols in December 2015 for $99.  Paid faithfully.  Then my Mom was moved to hospice in May 2016 and then passed ont he 18th.  During the last two months of her life I was so involved in taking care of her that my Kohls didn't get paid.  I hope they can do something for me.

Message 5 of 7
SoccerFan
Valued Member

Any recent success with any GW Kohls letters? I emailed the CEO a GW and received a call from corporate the next day. No luck, very sympathetic to my situation. Stated there are new laws in place that prevent them from removing my 30 day late. Pretty bummed but I will continue to try.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a very similarsituation. My father was diagnosed with cancer, and the last two months of his life, i spent taking care of him in the hospital. During that time, I was five hours from home, and amidst the chaos, I forgot to pay my Kohls bill.

I emailed the CEO and received a call the very next day. The woman i spoke to was very nice, but obviously followed a script: 1. I am sorry for your situation 2. We appreciate you as a Kohls customer 3. I'll do my best to help you. It left me with some hope that they would be able to help me. unfortunately, te woman did not return any of my calls otr emails following up, and I rececied the form denial letter a week later.

So I sent a second email to the CEO asking them to reconsider. I received another call the next day after that from another woman. This call followed the same script, Including some of the exact same "talking points." She explained that Kohls is committed to reporting accurately to the credit bureaus, and it would be unethical to do otherwise. However, she did say that exceptions could be made, but I didn't quakify for one. When asked what an exception would qualify she told me that if I had bought something under $50 and simply forgot about it, they could help. This struck me as odd that the balance would be the deciding factor on whether an exception could be made. When pressed, she told me that they get hundreds of requests a day and that if they made an exception for me, "would I expect them to make an exception for someone who lost their house in a fire?" (Her exact words). Yes, i would expect them to make excpetions based on a case by case basis. I admit, I got a bit frustrated. She said that she was not able to help because the guidlines were provided by Cap One (they provide the Kohls cards) and suggested I try to contact them. She even suggested i contact my congressman, but at that point, I think she ws just finished trying to deal with me on the phone.

I wish I had better handled my frustration, but I took her advice. Another email to the CEO of Kohls to reconsider, followed by an email to the Capital One CEO, and finally one to my congressman. I am hoping persistence will pay off, and since I am in a desparate situation, I have nothing to lose by continuing to try.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.