cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters; how often?...

tag
Plumb2eat

GW letters; how often?...

Hi all. I sent out a GW to a credit union i belong to, to see if they will remove late payments for an auto loan i fell behind on and eventually paid off early. Question is, how often should i be sending out GW letters? I sent out one to thier head office about a month ago, heard nothing, and saw nothing (on my reports). I just sent out three today to three different address I found for them, one included the CEO. Should I just wait to see what happens on next months report or send them out once a week? I know I should be persistant, but i don't want to over do it...or do I? Thanks for the advice!

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 550
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW letters; how often?...

I'd send at least 1 per week. Different addresses to different people with different content in my letters. 

Good luck!!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Plus, start searching for officers of the company, someone up the ladder than can help you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Plumb2eat

Thanks guys! I sent out three the other day as i said to three different addresses including the CEO. I also got a response from one of my e-mails that advised me to fax in my request, so i did. Lets see what happens!

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 550
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.