Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters - no good reason for lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letters - no good reason for lates

I'm doing some research on GW letters there's one account in particular (installment loan - travel trailer) I'd like to have cleaned up. It has over 20 lates 30 day lates on it from  2010 until just this summer, maybe July . Durning this time period I was very depressed and money/bills/finances was a huge trigger. This account was the only one that wasn't auto deducted so I'd only pay when they made collection calls every month. At the time I wasn't terribly concerned as it is a travel trailer so I don't depend on it like I do my rent and my car. Finally this summer I got treatment for my depression and now I feel better than I have in a long time. I've been current now since about August and have been able to face my finances and getting it all cleared up. Now I'm looking ahead to next summer and hopefully buying a house. Getting these removed would be help tremendously but I'm not sure depression would be a good enough reason or even if I want to disclose something like that that. I also know that it's only been a few months since I've had a late. It may seem like a short period to them but to me it's huge. Maybe I should wait and send them out in the spring? Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letters - no good reason for lates

What you disclose is your choice, I would suggest starting now. Call, email, snail mail. Be courteous and persistent. it is a process but it only takes one person to say yes and help you out. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW letters - no good reason for lates

I would first fix on the date you plan to actually app for new credit, and wait until six months or so prior to that date to send GW requests, thus showing a bit more timely payment history. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.