Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters

tag
tryingtostartover
Valued Member

GW letters

Hi everyone! I am a first time poster here and looking for some advice. I have been doing A LOT of reading on here about the effectiveness of GW letters and just wondering where I should send them. Do I send them to the addresses listed on my credit reports? I have a few paid collections that were from when I was young and stupid that have now been paid in full a few years ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letters

I'd start by using the address(es) listed on your CRs. They'll report the info and provide an office address they use for reporting.

Other ideas include:

Info off their website, especially within the "Contact Us" section and "Privacy Policy" section which are found in many websites.

Their SEC filing info if they are a public company.

Any state-related database info. Many states have this listed via a database if they are a CA, or bank, or utility, etc.

Any info listed within the BBB.

Check out the whois info for their website. Sometimes alternate addresses will get listed.

Check out spoke or consumerist. They will sometimes list alternate addresses. Try also planetfeedback.com.

As you get responses to your GWs, save the letters. Sometimes those letters have alternate names, addresses, faxes, phone numbers, and even e-mails.

Call them and ask. Ask for a GW over the phone. If they say "no" then shrug it off and ask for alternate phone numbers, faxes, e-mails, and mailing addresses.

This is a good thread for more info:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Induction-s-guide-to-finding-important-compan...

Message 2 of 3
tryingtostartover
Valued Member

Re: GW letters

Thank you so much for all the info!!! That helps me tremendously. Looks like I am going to have a busy night writing all the GW letters. Wish me luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.