Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW on a closed auto account possible

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW on a closed auto account possible

I had an auto-loan with WF Auto Finance. It has been paid in full for about a year (Feb 14) and the car is gone, no other accounts with WF. Problem is I had that loan with a high interest rate during a really rough period in my life, was chronically late and had a repossesion in October of 2012.

Most other collections are closed and paid and due to fall off this year, but this account has years left. What are the odds of WF modifying? I don't do business with them anymore so they have no incentive to keep me happy. My credit history since then has been impeccible. Do I have a leg to stand on here? Is there an empathetic party at WF who would help clean up my ugliest tradeline?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DE2TX
Established Member

Re: GW on a closed auto account possible

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an auto-loan with WF Auto Finance. It has been paid in full for about a year (Feb 14) and the car is gone, no other accounts with WF. Problem is I had that loan with a high interest rate during a really rough period in my life, was chronically late and had a repossesion in October of 2012.

Most other collections are closed and paid and due to fall off this year, but this account has years left. What are the odds of WF modifying? I don't do business with them anymore so they have no incentive to keep me happy. My credit history since then has been impeccible. Do I have a leg to stand on here? Is there an empathetic party at WF who would help clean up my ugliest tradeline?

Did the WF loan go into repo and then did you take the car out of repo?

I had a late removed once, but that was one late on a $32K loan and with a smaller bank, so it is possible, but it is probably going to take quite a bit of work with WF.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, it went into repo, and I scrapped and scraped to get the money together and get out of Repo

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would begin a GW letter campaign to the office of the CEO asking for forgiveness, you will have to decide if you want just the lates commuted or the entire TL removed.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.