Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW or Dispute for this case?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW or Dispute for this case?

I have a utility account back in college when i used to lived with my housemates. We graduated and paid off the bill before we moved away. Years later I pulled my credit report and have no idea how it got on to my credit report showing 67 dollar past due but I paid it in full anyway. GW it or dispute it? 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

Re: GW or Dispute for this case?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a utility account back in college when i used to lived with my housemates. We graduated and paid off the bill before we moved away. Years later I pulled my credit report and have no idea how it got on to my credit report showing 67 dollar past due but I paid it in full anyway. GW it or dispute it? 
You said you paid it, then dispute it with the CRA first.
Message 2 of 6
jordy
Contributor

who is showing on your credit report and who did you pay the oc or the ca

the bill was paid in full so there is nothing to dispute i wouldnt dispute something that isnt inaccurate it can open up problems for you in the future...i would say the only thing to do would be to gw....

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jordy wrote:

who is showing on your credit report and who did you pay the oc or the ca

the bill was paid in full so there is nothing to dispute i wouldnt dispute something that isnt inaccurate it can open up problems for you in the future...i would say the only thing to do would be to gw....

OC is showing and I paid OC. The problem is I don't know if it is accurate or not since both me and my housemate were paying online. 

Message 4 of 6
jordy
Contributor

i would say with no way to prove if the amount was owed or not since you dont know and you already paid it i doubt you could dispute it and get anything taken off. the cra will dispute and oc will say yeah it was late and they paid it... dont think it would be removed... i would call the oc (only because its an oc and not a ca) and explain what happened and ask (since it was paid) if they would remove it. if that doesnt work i would then gw in writing higher up the line (managers, corporate, vps, excs and so on) by letter and email. who is the oc? someone might have info on someone there that worked for them in the past

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input. The OC is PG&E. I've been trying to find an email of a manager or contact of a VP online but they are really difficult to find. Hopefully someone could help.  
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.