cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW rejections -- what is the next step?

tag
lhartman627

GW rejections -- what is the next step?

My husband and I have been trying to rebuild our credit to buy a home in the next year or so. I sent out a goodwill letter to Target about a month ago and asked for a goodwill adjustment for two 30-day late payments I had in 2011. I was sent a rejection letter. The day after I received a rejection letter, I sent another letter. A few days later, I was sent a letter that said my "dispute had already been investigated and they were unable to adjust my account." I was clear in my GW letter that I was NOT disputing anything. What is the next step? Should I wait a few weeks and send another letter to Target?

Also, I sent a letter to Everhome mortgage company regarding a 120 day late payment on the mortgage account (in my husband's name). I know 120 days late is terrible, but we were both in graduate school and I was pregnant, and we were barely surviving. Everhome rejected the GW letter, even though we have made all of our payments on time (or early) since the late payment. The late payment was in 2008. Should I send them another letter? How long should I wait?

Thanks!

Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW rejections -- what is the next step?

It appears that it is time for you to move up their management chain, and try to find a management official with the authority to grant an exception to what is apparently their normal policy.  Just sending it again to their normal credit department address will probably meet the same fate.

Message 2 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

There are no guarantees when sending GW letters, the only thing you can do is be persistent and patient.

Try finding another address to send it to, or address it to some one of more authority in the company (President, CEO, CFO, etc etc...) but make sure you have their correct name and spell it correctly. Most of their mail is screened anyway but others have had success with this approach.

IMO I would make an attempt a few more times waiting atleast 30 days between GW letters before trying to send to President, CEO or CFO, also make sure that each time you send a GW letter that it isnt the same one word for word. Try changing it up a little and plead for there help and assisstance.

EDITED: My typing was slow... +1 to Robert post

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 4
lhartman627

Thanks for the advice!

Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 750

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.