Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW request to navy federal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW request to navy federal

After I learned about GW letters I started writing them to all those creditors that had any sort of negative marks on my report. I also send a GW in an email to navy federal credit union because I happened to stumble across his direct email address. I was just blown away when today I got a call from him in response to my email saying that they were working on helping me out with my situation and that more of his people would be in touch with me.
Major props to this company and their ceo to take time to do that. Hopefully it ends up in some positive changes in my score.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: GW request to navy federal

That sounds great.

I am building up a banking relationship with them  I have a shares savings account and a secure credit card.  This week I will add a checking account and see about a credit rebuilding loan.

Everything I have heard has been positive.

Message 2 of 5
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

@Grafton88 wrote:

That sounds great.

I am building up a banking relationship with them  I have a shares savings account and a secure credit card.  This week I will add a checking account and see about a credit rebuilding loan.

Everything I have heard has been positive.

Grafton88 - I recently opened my checking / savings accts with NFCU.  I have their secured cc also.  To help my credit mix, I also did the credit rebuilding loan (shares secured loan).  Wow - could not have been easier - I think the call took about 5 minutes.  They even overnighted me the promissory note and the check.  Since my account is so new, they couldn't direct deposit it into my acct.  I thought that was kind of odd, because I just took the check they gave me and deposited it into my NFCU acct. I also thought it was unusual that they sent me the check with the promissory note, but since they have the hold on your savings acct funds, there is probably no risk for them to do it that way.  Anyway, there was not a credit pull and received the money the next day.  You can also tell them how long you want the loan for.  I did $500 over 12 months - 2.25% interest.  I can't speak highly enough of them.  It was so quick and easy & one of my scores jumped 24 pts when it hit my CR.

Good luck!

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 3 of 5
Grafton88
Established Contributor

needtodobetter - Congrats on your score increase.  I will probably go with their Certificate of Deposit loan.  I want to get a loan with a low amount for the longest time period.  That seems to be the best recommendation for a long term strategy.

Thanks for your comments.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

could i have that email address?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.