Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW response

I got my GW response back from Credit One one late payments

They said they have to report everything to the CRB fair, true and accurate.  What should my reponse/rebuttal be ? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: GW response

Persist! Keep sending those GWs to different people. Keep changing the letters as well. You could mention that you understand that they do, indeed have to report correctly but also that they dont HAVE TO report at all. Look up some big names and send the GWs to them. At this point though, GWs are your only option unless the reporting is inaccurate.
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Persist! Keep sending those GWs to different people. Keep changing the letters as well. You could mention that you understand that they do, indeed have to report correctly but also that they dont HAVE TO report at all. Look up some big names and send the GWs to them. At this point though, GWs are your only option unless the reporting is inaccurate.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

Unless this is a fairly newish account, removing an entire tradeline could provide a significant drop to the OP's FICO in terms of credit history length (AAoA).

AFAIK, the creditor is only obligated to make sure that IF they report derogatory info, that it is accurate (AKA, not allowed to report lates IF there are NO lates). AFAIK, there is nothing in the FCRA or FACT that restricts creditors from giving "Goodwill" adjustments.

IF the OP were willing to open a *new* account with the creditor (if it's a credit card account), that might help give the creditor incentive to give that goodwill. Keeping *current* customers happy tends to take precedence over keeping *previous* customers happy.

Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I meant only the late. I suppose I could have been more detailed. Obviously, removing an entire TL for a single late would be ridiculous.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP: Find the CEO or another high-level exec's email/snail mail addies online if you can. *Those* are the people to send your GWs to. Lower level CSRs often don't even *know* they can give GWs.

Call Credit One and ask for their "account resolution" department. Or something along those lines. Those will be the people to deal with (if you can't find contact info for the high-level execs). They will know how to "fix" reporting to the CRAs.

Be persistent, be nice, and be truthful. Don't exaggerate your excuses/reasons for the derogs with Credit One (which I think is human nature). Let them know that it *was* *your* fault, but that X happened, and then the derogs resulted from this situation .... and that you've learned your lesson and would like to return to them someday as a good standing customer.

That seems to be the best method.

Best of luck!!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you---I will call and ask for the department.  I sent pfb about 2 weeks ago with also no response.  I called customer service he said send a fax to transaction services...would this be the same as Accounts Resolution?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.