Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW's-How long to wait.

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

GW's-How long to wait.

I wrote and mailed a letter to Cap One EO on 5/15/14.  It's been 15 days and I haven't heard a thing.  Is this normal or should I have heard something by now?  Should I be writing to them again and flooding their mailboxes or try writing to a different place?  I'm kinda impatient lol and I just want an answer yes or no from them!

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: GW's-How long to wait.

@peme6040 wrote:

I wrote and mailed a letter to Cap One EO on 5/15/14.  It's been 15 days and I haven't heard a thing.  Is this normal or should I have heard something by now?  Should I be writing to them again and flooding their mailboxes or try writing to a different place?  I'm kinda impatient lol and I just want an answer yes or no from them!

I don't have personal experience on this yet, but from what I've read, people wait about a month in between sending GW letters, but I'm not sure about the waiting period for the INITIAL letter. Bumping this, because I'd like to be sure on this, too.

Remember, though, patience is a virtue! I'd wait at least the 30 days before resending a GW or trying something else. Also check your reports; I've heard sometimes the CA/OC will take care of things without sending a written confirmation to you, so they might fix it without letting you know. I'm not sure how Capital One does everything, though, lol. Just some general information for you. Smiley Happy Hope you get an answer or see something soon, though!

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@peme6040 wrote:

You may never hear a thing from them, what you need to be doing is checking your CR at  the end of the month to see if the listing has changed, some just do it and never notify the letter writer or nothing may happen at all, there is no law that says a creditor must act or even respond to a GW letter. If you see that nothing has happened at the start of each subsequent month then you send out another letter to the exec office of the creditor you are trying to get the GW from, you will keep this up until you get the desired result or it reaches CRTP, it may take years to get what you want, just dont give up, my longest was 3 yrs... Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

email the EO: richard.fairbank@capitalone.com  Most folks get a call from the EO within days.  YMMV

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Momof5 wrote:

email the EO:   Most folks get a call from the EO within days.  YMMV

It is against the TOS of this board to post names and emails in the public view.

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Momof5 wrote:

email the EO:   Most folks get a call from the EO within days.  YMMV

It is against the TOS of this board to post names and emails in the public view.

Public figurehead, it has been discussed with admin, and his and other known "figureheads" they stated were allowed to be posted here.  But thank you gdale6 for looking out for the boards. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Use the email provided here. And if that doesn't work, find out the email address of some senior execs and VPs and start sending to them too.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.