Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW stats

tag
heatherbee
Valued Member

GW stats

Just a little informal suryvey.  For anyone who has attempted a GW, please list how many accounts (ex, 3 CA, 1 OC) you have tried, and then how many you were able to succeed in.  I think this can provide some motivation to others to keep trying...I know I am!  You can also list who the accounts are with that you are trying or have tried!  These should be interesting results...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW stats

1 of 1 with OC.

I'm 100% since I don't have any others on my report.

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have had great success with gw letters. i started my gw process mid august and i did it all through email. here's what i've had removed.

IC Systems - deleted c/o account

Arrow Financial - deleted c/o account

First Premier -  deleted  c/o account

Plains Commerce Bank - deleted c/o account plus 30 day late on open account

Message 3 of 10
SecondWind
Valued Member

0 for 3.  Just got something in the mail from Cap 1 today regarding my 3 GW letters sent 2 weeks ago.  The letters were all cookie cutter:

"Thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report.  We send information on the status of your account to the credit reporting agencies once a month.  The agencies keep accounts on your credit report for approximately 7 years."  Blah blah blah.  No luck.

Cap 1 can GTH.  I even PIF all three accounts and you think it would be worth something.

Starting Score (January 2013): 537
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have a Cap 1 that I have sent about 6 GWs and they all come back saying NO.  I will still keep trying.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

If Cap 1 would just HELP it's customers rather than hurt them....I would think more people would be happy to spread the word about them. Same thing with Sprint. It's quite unfortunate...I'm in the same boat with Cap 1.
Message 6 of 10
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

Ditto. Will keep plugging away.
TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 7 of 10
benben7
Regular Contributor

Hi Coopernights,

I have a charge off with Plains commerce bank which goes back to 2005. I would like to get this off my cr as well. My reports states that it was sold to another vendor. If I'm reading your post correctly you are saying that it was a charge off. Is this correct? Do you thank a Good will letter would work with them as well, even though it is a charge off? Would you happen to have  sample letter that I could use.

Thanks,

benben7

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried a couple of different times to GW Plains Commerce on one late payment from a couple of years ago - all else current - we don't keep a balance on the account - have been shot down both times 
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly, i think it's different for everyone because a gw letter should be genuine and specific to why the incident happened and why you need it fixed. more importantly they need to let the oc or ca really get a feel for what happened and make you appear as more than a number on their computer screens. i think i've had a decent amount of success with gw letter because i'm open and honest as to what happened, why it happed and what i've done to correct the problem.

all of my baddies pretty much center around the time that i lost my little brother. it was a hard time emotionally and financially. i've since done a great job at repairing my accounts and paying them off but also keeping baddies of my report.

hopefully that helps.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.