cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Re: GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

Ok Guiness56 I've re-read my reports 3 times and I believe I did receive a 3 point increase from the update. On myfico report the status is now changed to paid as agreed, closed, with no negative indicators. On my report pulled from Transunion it says paid as agreed, but has an original chargeoff: $33 and rating C/O back to May 2010 thats 34 times. Which do lenders see Myfico or actual Transunion?
Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lenders pull from the CRAs.  Some use a Tri-merge report but they are still from the CRAs.

Have you used your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?

If it is not reporting as they said they would update, I would contact them.  Even though a paid CO is better than an unpaid one, the CO still impacts your score.

Message 12 of 15
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

This is my annual report from them. The account is still listed under adverse accounts. I am emailing her tonight to clarify how Transunion is reporting and how it is still negative. She seemed very pleasant and the update was timely. I'm sure we can figure this out. Thanks again.
Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 14 of 15
Hopefull123
Valued Member

I'm in a similar situation. Sent GW to credit union for a 90 day late in Dec 2007. I have a letter from them, dated Feb 19, accepting my GW stating they would change the Dec 2007 90 day late to current status and send the update to the credit bureaus. They report on the last day of the month and I was looking forward to seeing the late notation removed. I just checked my report and the account was updated on 2/28 with my recent payment info but the 90 day late was still there. I thought this late info would be updated at the same time. Is it normal for this type of change to take longer to update than the current monthly payment updates?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.