New Contributor
Mrzjbabii

Re: GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

Ok Guiness56 I've re-read my reports 3 times and I believe I did receive a 3 point increase from the update. On myfico report the status is now changed to paid as agreed, closed, with no negative indicators. On my report pulled from Transunion it says paid as agreed, but has an original chargeoff: $33 and rating C/O back to May 2010 thats 34 times. Which do lenders see Myfico or actual Transunion?
guiness56

[ Edited ]

Lenders pull from the CRAs.  Some use a Tri-merge report but they are still from the CRAs.

Have you used your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?

If it is not reporting as they said they would update, I would contact them.  Even though a paid CO is better than an unpaid one, the CO still impacts your score.

New Contributor
Mrzjbabii

This is my annual report from them. The account is still listed under adverse accounts. I am emailing her tonight to clarify how Transunion is reporting and how it is still negative. She seemed very pleasant and the update was timely. I'm sure we can figure this out. Thanks again.
guiness56

Valued Member
Hopefull123

I'm in a similar situation. Sent GW to credit union for a 90 day late in Dec 2007. I have a letter from them, dated Feb 19, accepting my GW stating they would change the Dec 2007 90 day late to current status and send the update to the credit bureaus. They report on the last day of the month and I was looking forward to seeing the late notation removed. I just checked my report and the account was updated on 2/28 with my recent payment info but the 90 day late was still there. I thought this late info would be updated at the same time. Is it normal for this type of change to take longer to update than the current monthly payment updates?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+