Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success on med collection, still need help on KS Counselors

tag
Halliep
Valued Member

GW success on med collection, still need help on KS Counselors

I hadn't pulled a fresh report lately and decided to today when I had a weird score alert that made it seem like I had a "new" collection account out there!  Scared me to death, but turns out it was a 2 point decrease on EQ for a new inquiry (approved for a new CC yesterday!).  I really wish myFICO would be more careful with how they word the alert...minor heart attack.  Anywho...

I had 5 baddies on my report when I started rebuilding.  2 medical collections from 2010, 1 collection on a furniture store card the ex-boyfriend ran up and didn't pay (2010), a few lates on my student loans (2011), and 1 late on a car loan for the same ex-boyfriend...the rat (2010).

The tradeline for the furniture store card deleted a while back because it genuinely was not reporting properly. 

When I pulled my reports today, I see that one of my medical collections is also gone from all three reports!  WOO HOO for GW letters!!!!  I don't know when exactly it was deleted because I hadn't pulled reports in a while, and frankly I didn't see any score changes as a result.  I guess if you have two collections reporting the credit bureaus score the same as if you just have one.  Go figure.

2 baddies down, 3 to go.

I re-sent goodwill letters for the other medical collection, my student loan lender, and to the credit union where I had the car loan.  I just sent the letters in the past two weeks (I also sent GW letters back in April).  I really, really hope I can get rid of my other medical collection.  Then I'll just be down to the two late accounts out of 25+ that have all been paid in good standing (I have a thick credit file with decent AAoA, so I think getting rid of the only collection will really help me!).

Does anyone have experience with KS Counselors?  I've now sent two GW letters for this medical collection.  I will keep trying and will try at another address I found, but wondering if anyone has good contact information or advice for me in dealing with them.  The debt was small and I paid it off as soon as I recieved the collection notice back in 2010 (had no idea about the whole PFD thing back then).   I'd appreciate the advice!!!  Thanks!!!

Today's scores - EQ 693, TU 720, EX 729.  Aiming to get them all above 750!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: GW success on med collection, still need help on KS Counselors

Good job!

Those medical collections would be easier to take care of if a certain bill were ever to be pushed through, or garner enough attention for it to be voted on.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: GW success on med collection, still need help on KS Counselors

Great job Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.