07-15-2012 08:12 AM - edited 07-24-2012 05:30 AM
reading about other's GW and PFD successes in these forums really helped and motivated me, so i thought i would pay it forward.
AllianceOne for GW deletion of medical collection
- within SOL but it was paid before i knew about PFDs
- handwritten letter sent to address on their website (Ames Crossing Road)
- they sent a letter the same week saying they would delete TL but they are still on my CR a month later. disputed with CRAs as "no longer responsible for this." TU deleted, still on EQ and EX. have to wait until next month for "investigation to complete" but, if that doesn't work, i'm calling the 800 number on EAS's response letter.
Citibank SL for GW adjustment of lates and CO status
- no SOL limitation
- called 800 number on CR. they wanted an LOE (i rehabbed these loans) plus my CRs mailed or faxed and were very nice about it. i know people say don't send it, but i sent a copy of the triple reports (the ones with EQ EX and TU side-by-side). not the whole thing, just their listings.
- within a week all 3 CRAs showed paid as agreed and monthly statuses are all "OK"s backdated to the beginning. account status is "open" on EX and EQ but "closed" on TU.
EAS (Equable Ascent Financial) for PFD
- outside SOL
- handwritten letter to address in CR (W Lake Cook Road) offering 25% PFD
- TL magically disappeared without a peep from them. i think it's either because they are outside of SOL or because the verbage in my letter ("this should not be construed as an acknowledgement of liability," "respond with a letter on company letterhead," etc.) made them realize i was well-informed and they didn't want the hassle.
BB&T for GW adjustment for one 30-day late on auto loan
- closed in good standing so it would have stayed on my CR until 2016
- no response to my handwritten letter so i disputed with CRAs as "never late"
- EQ and EX say paid as agreed and 30-day late removed. TU just deleted TL
02-09-2013 12:23 AM
Impressive! I didn't even think about asking Amex for a GW adjustment of my CO status because I didn't think they'd do it. I simply sent them a GW letter requesting the TL be deleted. Fingers are crossed they do it (it's currently in the mail) but seems now like I should of asked for adjustment of the CO status. I guess I thought that would be too slippery to ask that of them?
By any chance, can you post or PM me the GW letter you used to request adjustment of CO status? I'd love to see what you said in it.
Thanks in advance!!
02-09-2013 06:47 AM
02-09-2013 09:44 AM
Very impressive! This is great info!
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.